- make pleasant expression with mouth: to raise the corners of the mouth in an expression of amusement, pleasure, or approval
Sometimes, I don’t always pay enough attention to which direction the corners of my mouth are turning. I spend a lot of time thinking, and get “lost” in my mind, making it easy to forget about the world around me, and the expression on my face.
However, I have been trying to be a little more aware of my surroundings, and my face. When my eyes connect with the eyes of others, I have tried to make a concentrated effort to smile at them. Not a weird smile that would make them wonder what I was doing, just a casual, “have a nice day” kind of smile.
By sharing my smile with others, I have found…
1. most of the time, I get a smile in return
2. it makes me feel better about myself
3. I’m giving away a gift
4. I believe it’s better to give than receive
5. I think it just might make other people feel better too
6. it improves your health by reducing stress
7. it takes less “work” to smile than to frown
8. we were all born with the ability to smile. It’s not something that we copy or imitate, because even a blind person can smile!
Sharing a smile. A simple act with profound results.
I know it has the ability to change my perspective on life, and it certainly improves the look on my face!
Everyone smiles in the same language. ~Author Unknown