No more naps!

My 4-year-old granddaughter is in preschool.  She will turn 5 in May! Hard to believe it, but she assured me, it’s true.

For most kids, 5 is that magic age.  The age that qualifies them for the long-awaited moment of going to Kindergarten.

And she is ready to go!

When I asked her why she was so excited about going to Kindergarten, her very emphatic reply was…

No more naps!

If she only knew how wonderful a nap really is!

Ashlee

Some day she will think differently about those naps, I’m quite sure of it.

But for today….Kindergarten can’t get here soon enough for this little girl!

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “No more naps!

1. Imelda says:

Children and naps. I wonder why do not like napping when it is such a bliss. To have peace and quiet in the house, I sometimes put all of mine, even the 7 year old – to nap. 🙂

• Becky says:

Oh, I think you are on the right track! I would probably do the same thing if I still had children at home! 🙂
      I’m not sure why children and naps don’t go together, but I do know that the dislike for them starts at a very early age! 🙂 I guess, they are afraid of missing out on things, but does an infant know this too?? It’s really interesting! Hope you will be able to enjoy a nap today!

2. Life&Ink says:

Smiles! Now can you imagine someone telling you, begging you to please take a nap. Oh, if only!!!! Yes, they just can’t appreciate it. Naps are a treasure. I fondly remember the day I “double napped” and I wasn’t sick, I just did it because I could! I guess it’s just a circle of life thing she won’t be able to appreciate until she’s a mama. But don’t rush that, here 4 year old self is just too cute!!!

• Becky says:

Seriously! She’s such a funny little girl, and this nap thing really is a BIG deal to her right now! 🙂 She’s been struggling with this since she started going to preschool almost a year a go!
      I’m in no hurry for her to grow up any faster, it’s going by too quickly as it is.. I’m quite enjoying the little girl that she is. She is a pure delight (99% of the time!). I just love that little girl so much! Some day she will learn the luxury of the nap….

3. cricketmuse says:

Great post–why is napping such an insult to little kids? Bliss is right! I love my naps 🙂

• Becky says:

Thank you – I really don’t know, but insult does seem like the right word for the way they feel about them! 🙂
      I hope you are able to enjoy a blissful nap today!
      Thanks for stopping by!