No more naps!

My 4-year-old granddaughter is in preschool.  She will turn 5 in May! Hard to believe it, but she assured me, it’s true.

For most kids, 5 is that magic age.  The age that qualifies them for the long-awaited moment of going to Kindergarten.

And she is ready to go!

When I asked her why she was so excited about going to Kindergarten, her very emphatic reply was…

No more naps!

If she only knew how wonderful a nap really is!

Ashlee

Some day she will think differently about those naps, I’m quite sure of it.

But for today….Kindergarten can’t get here soon enough for this little girl!

6 thoughts on “No more naps!

1. Imelda says:

Children and naps. I wonder why do not like napping when it is such a bliss. To have peace and quiet in the house, I sometimes put all of mine, even the 7 year old – to nap. 🙂

• Becky says:

Oh, I think you are on the right track! I would probably do the same thing if I still had children at home! 🙂
      I’m not sure why children and naps don’t go together, but I do know that the dislike for them starts at a very early age! 🙂 I guess, they are afraid of missing out on things, but does an infant know this too?? It’s really interesting! Hope you will be able to enjoy a nap today!

2. Life&Ink says:

Smiles! Now can you imagine someone telling you, begging you to please take a nap. Oh, if only!!!! Yes, they just can’t appreciate it. Naps are a treasure. I fondly remember the day I “double napped” and I wasn’t sick, I just did it because I could! I guess it’s just a circle of life thing she won’t be able to appreciate until she’s a mama. But don’t rush that, here 4 year old self is just too cute!!!

• Becky says:

Seriously! She’s such a funny little girl, and this nap thing really is a BIG deal to her right now! 🙂 She’s been struggling with this since she started going to preschool almost a year a go!
      I’m in no hurry for her to grow up any faster, it’s going by too quickly as it is.. I’m quite enjoying the little girl that she is. She is a pure delight (99% of the time!). I just love that little girl so much! Some day she will learn the luxury of the nap….

3. cricketmuse says:

Great post–why is napping such an insult to little kids? Bliss is right! I love my naps 🙂

• Becky says:

Thank you – I really don’t know, but insult does seem like the right word for the way they feel about them! 🙂
      I hope you are able to enjoy a blissful nap today!
      Thanks for stopping by!