Thankful Thursday: 3 gifts in jars

3 gifts in jars…

1. The seashells in this jar are a great reminder to me of vacations spent with my family playing at the beach and in the ocean.  I’m so thankful for those special memories.

Seashells in a jar

2. The scented wax warms gently in this jar, and brings a pleasant aroma to my home. I’m thankful for how easy it easy to make my house smell like fresh baked cookies! 🙂

scented candle

3. Leaving the best for last…peanut butter in a jar.  An all-time favorite at our house. Goes great with apples! If you have never tried it, you should! I’m really thankful I did!

Skippy peanut butter

These are just a few of the many things that I am so very thankful for today.

What are you thankful for?

Will you join me in looking for these gifts and sharing them with others?

“In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Have a wonderful “Thankful Thursday“!

Advertisements

14 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday: 3 gifts in jars

1. Life&Ink says:

After a really tough week, I am thankful for my blogging friend Becky who reminds each week to always remember to be thankful. And although she doesn’t come in a jar, is it okay to be thankful she comes up on my computer screen??? 🙂

• Becky says:

Ahhh, Charlotte, I’m so sorry your week hasn’t gone well for you. I know that there are better days ahead for you, because people like you, well, they just won’t let the bad things win!
      If it helped to bring a smile to your face, then I’m glad I popped up on your computer today 🙂 you certainly brought a smile to my face & I’m thankful for you!
      Keep looking, you’ll find more good things….some days it’s just a little thing, but that’s ok. Little things are good things too!
      Hang in there!

2. SimplySage says:

This is great! I started a new Joy Page, which is a gallery of photos from everyday life of things I’m thankful for. Also tweeted your quote. Thankfulness is the greatest gift we can give ourselves. No matter our situation, we can always find something to be thankful for.

• Becky says:

Thank you – it’s taken me some time, but it really does make a difference when I focus on looking for the good things in life, instead of concentrating on the bad. There just isn’t any real benefit to that, and like you said, in almost every situation we are in, we can always find something to be thankful for, even if it is as simple as a jar of peanut butter 🙂
      I’m so glad you stopped by and shared your Joy Page with me. Have a wonderful week-end!

• SimplySage says:

Same to you! I’m so glad to be of help. If you ever need any help with it, let me know. I’ve made all the mistakes that can be made through trial and error and would love to save someone else the trouble. 🙂
        One big decision I decided is I am phasing out any photo editing. I’ve been editing (post-processing digital) since 2003 and I got away from just taking good pictures to begin with. The only thing I’ve done is a bit of cropping and that’s because I can do it so easily on the iPad. But that’s it. My advice for you is just keep the photography simple. Nothing stellar. After all, it’s the simple things we overlook that can bring much joy. And that page is “your” place to bring “you” joy. Keep it a nook for your and your family. And pass the idea on. 🙂
        You have a good week-end! Peace, Alexandria

• Becky says:

Oh, thank you! I might be coming back for some advice! I was just thinking how nice it would be to sit down with you and work through this process. I’m kind of a visual person, and sometimes just reading how to do something doesn’t work for me. I’m not ready to jump into it just yet, but you’ll be on my mind when I do! I’m pretty sure of that!

3. SimplySage says:

Here is the link to my Joy Page. Thought you might enjoy!

• Becky says:

Thank you for sharing this link with me – I did enjoy it VERY much! It’s such a great idea. Made the wheels start to turn in my mind, that’s for sure…Hmmmm, I wonder if I could come up with something like this 🙂

4. I’ll skip the peanut butter (so more for you :)) but I love seashells and candles in jars!

5. Imelda says:

I love peanut butter, not necessarily with apples though. 🙂

Comments are closed.