Weekly Photo Challenge: Achievement

This was my first attempt at an enclosed garden in my backyard…and it turned out to be an achievement that I am quite proud of!

The garden is at rest right now, but I learned a lot from this adventure, and I’m really looking forward to next season.

Take a look at what the rest of the world has been up to.  More amazing achievements can be found here!

Advertisements

20 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Achievement

1. Grace says:

Oh yum, I envy your achievement. A green thumb is something I lack!

2. I am totally impressed! Corn in an enclosed garden!

• Becky says:

🙂 Yep – I didn’t even think about it growing too tall for the enclosure when I planted it. I just knew that I wanted corn, so I thought I would give it a try. It got a little crunched at the end of it’s growing time, but for the most part, it seemed to work okay, and it looked awesome in the garden too!

3. galeweithers says:

Wow! That’s great! From seeds to harvesting to preserving aka you really rock and such an achievement. Very well done; congrats!

4. Imelda says:

Wow! Gardening is such a joy. 🙂

• Becky says:

Yes it is. It can also be discouraging at times, like when the bugs come and try to eat everything that I plant, but most of the time…I do find a lot of peace and joy when I am in my garden.

• Imelda says:

The other day, I felt so sad. I tried growing some celery and they did. I kept waiting and waiting for the right time to harvest – “just a few more days and the stems would be big enough,” I said to myself. Then, one chilly morning, I went to the garden to pick the celery only to find them sad and frozen.

Yeah, even with these mishaps, gardening is good. We should have a virtual gardening support group. 🙂

• Becky says:

Oh wow! Imelda! I am so IMPRESSED, you grew celery!
          I think I need some tips from you, so, YES!! I am all for the gardening support group! I am so sorry to hear about your celery though, I had a similar experience with carrots. I planted them too close together, and everything I read said to thin them out…and I didn’t…and they didn’t grow very big either. Next time, as much as it “pains” me, I know I MUST thin them out, and not feel bad about it!
          And yet, we keep on trying 🙂

5. That’s a beautiful looking ear of corn!

6. Rene Yoshi says:

From the looks of it, you should be proud. Praise the Lord for His bountiful blessings upon the work of your hands! \(^_^)/

• Becky says:

Thank you Rene – I agree, I almost changed my mind about using these photos as an example of an achievement, because really…it wasn’t me that did any of it! But I guess, I had to plant it in order for it to grow! 🙂 God is GOOD!

7. […] Visit to Greece” http://dailypost.wordpress.com/dp_photo_challenge/Achievement Blessings through raindrops…Weekly Photo Challenge: Achievement JKT BradI Believe I Can Fly! Agnes’s world in picturesWeekly Photo Challenge: Achievement […]

8. Mabel Kwong says:

That looks like a very crowded and colourful garden you have there! The fruits of your labour. You must be one happy little gardener. Hope you grow even more plants next year 🙂

Comments are closed.