3 times I heard laughter:
1. I am very thankful that I can hear the sounds of laughter.
This is our little neighbor girl, and most days we can hear her squeals of laughter, and her tiny little voice coming from the other side of the fence, but we don’t see her. What a fun surprise it was to look across our yard and actually see her peeking over the fence at us from her play house!
2. This little guy and laughter, well they just go hand-in-hand. He wakes up in the morning with a smile on his face, and it usually doesn’t go away until oh, about nap time, and bedtime! I’m thankful that he is so happy, and brings a smile to the face of so many people.
3. I’m thankful that we had this opportunity, and that I could be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. His joy and laughter just couldn’t be held back any longer as he approached the 1st hole at Pebble Beach Golf Course.
Another Thankful Thursday, and like always, there is so much that I can find to be thankful for. What a great gift I have been given to not only hear the sound of laughter, but to be able to experience the joy that laughter brings.
After all …. laughter really is the best medicine for the soul.
Go on, give it a try, laugh a little…or a lot, and see if it doesn’t just make you feel better!
“Laughter and joy are part of the beauty of life.” Diogo Morgado
A gift in sky, water, memory:
1. The little moon in the big sky. The little plane in the big sky.
2. The amazing colors of the water.
3. The memory of her reading for hours and hours, a favorite past-time of hers still to this day.
I am thankful.
I am thankful for eyes to see the beauty of the water. I’m thankful for clarity of mind to remember the special moments of my daughter’s childhood days. And I am thankful for the opportunity to experience new things and fly to places I have never been before.
A simple list of “thanks” today, but the value of these gifts goes beyond anything I could have ever imagined.
This is my Thankful Thursday.
“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
― William Arthur Ward
I’m struggling with this photo challenge..
“This week, play with scale. Insert something into a scene to highlight size: your two-year-old in a field of flowers. A dime next to the huge cinnamon roll you picked up at the bakery. Shoot the giant pile of laundry making your couch look tiny by comparison.* Snap a picture of naturally occurring elements, like a Great Dane and Chihuahua together at the dog run. Share a photo from an airplane window showing us the plane’s engine against the ant-like background of the ground below.”
So this is it ….my “scale” photo!
“In and Out“…it’s worth the trip.
3 Gifts Found Outside:
Oh where do I begin? I live in sunny Southern California, and most days are just tempting me to go outside! I have to constantly remind myself that there will be more beautiful days, that this is not an anomaly, and I should probably try and get some work done inside once in a while!
Still, I find my way out the door, and I really am very, thankful that I get to live in such a beautiful place. I say it so often without even giving it a second thought, I guess I am little spoiled!
1. I’m so thankful for the blue skies and sunshine that greet me almost every time I step outside!
2. And I’m so thankful for this great game of baseball that’s played outside – Opening Day is coming soon!
3. But most of all, I’m thankful that when I go outside, this is not what I experience ….ever! I like to visit this kind of weather, but I’m really thankful I don’t live in it anymore.
Today and everyday, there is so much to be thankful for. Inside or outside, when I look around me, I see that I am truly blessed.
“I thank you God for this most amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.” ~ E.E. Cummings