3 Gifts Found Outside:
Oh where do I begin? I live in sunny Southern California, and most days are just tempting me to go outside! I have to constantly remind myself that there will be more beautiful days, that this is not an anomaly, and I should probably try and get some work done inside once in a while!
Still, I find my way out the door, and I really am very, thankful that I get to live in such a beautiful place. I say it so often without even giving it a second thought, I guess I am little spoiled!
1. I’m so thankful for the blue skies and sunshine that greet me almost every time I step outside!
2. And I’m so thankful for this great game of baseball that’s played outside – Opening Day is coming soon!
3. But most of all, I’m thankful that when I go outside, this is not what I experience ….ever! I like to visit this kind of weather, but I’m really thankful I don’t live in it anymore.
Today and everyday, there is so much to be thankful for. Inside or outside, when I look around me, I see that I am truly blessed.
“I thank you God for this most amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.” ~ E.E. Cummings
A gift in sky, water, and memory:
1. I’m so thankful for the gift of the clouds in the sky! I love a clear blue sky, but those clouds…they always seem to capture my attention. I love the different shapes and textures, colors and designs, it truly is art in motion.
2. Another mesmerizing view…the big blue ocean. There are many moments when I find myself staring out onto this beautiful body of water, and I think to myself…I live here!
Yes! I am very thankful for this.
3. A moment I will never forget, turned into a memory I will always treasure. The beauty and the bliss of sitting at The Beach Bar in Guam, just watching the waves go by. I am very thankful for the opportunity to visit this amazing place, and certainly wouldn’t mind going back to this view.
These are just a few of the things that I am so very thankful for today. There is always, always something to be thankful for…just take a moment and look around you, you’ll find it!
“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
― William Arthur Ward
This moment…this place…even the shadows appear to be a little “brighter“!
There was absolutely nothing that was going to put a damper on this day.
Rain or shine, he was all in, having the time of his life, playing golf at Pebble Beach on his birthday.
Nope…nothing over-shadowed this day. This was his moment in the sun!
Take a look at some more great photos by going here!
This was the challenge for the week: An artfully executed minimalist photograph is anything but mundane. It illustrates a moment in time, or an artistic perspective, with simplicity and grace. Minimalist photography is characterized by a large portion of negative space, a fairly monochromatic color palette with good contrast, and an interesting subject that is able to stand on its own to capture the interest of the viewer. At first thought, it may seem like it would be easy to shoot an engaging minimalist photograph, when indeed it can often be the opposite. A minimalist photo can also effectively tell a story, in spite of its relative simplicity, and it is anything but “plain”.
These little beauties are blooming in November!