3 Gifts Found Outside:
Oh where do I begin? I live in sunny Southern California, and most days are just tempting me to go outside! I have to constantly remind myself that there will be more beautiful days, that this is not an anomaly, and I should probably try and get some work done inside once in a while!
Still, I find my way out the door, and I really am very, thankful that I get to live in such a beautiful place. I say it so often without even giving it a second thought, I guess I am little spoiled!
1. I’m so thankful for the blue skies and sunshine that greet me almost every time I step outside!
2. And I’m so thankful for this great game of baseball that’s played outside – Opening Day is coming soon!
3. But most of all, I’m thankful that when I go outside, this is not what I experience ….ever! I like to visit this kind of weather, but I’m really thankful I don’t live in it anymore.
Today and everyday, there is so much to be thankful for. Inside or outside, when I look around me, I see that I am truly blessed.
“I thank you God for this most amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.” ~ E.E. Cummings
This moment…this place…even the shadows appear to be a little “brighter“!
There was absolutely nothing that was going to put a damper on this day.
Rain or shine, he was all in, having the time of his life, playing golf at Pebble Beach on his birthday.
Nope…nothing over-shadowed this day. This was his moment in the sun!
Take a look at some more great photos by going here!
When the earth, the sky and the sea converge…it really is a beautiful place!
3 Gifts Autumn
Well…I do live in San Diego, and some people would say that we don’t have a change in seasons, but we do. It’s just not as drastic of a change as it is in, oh let’s say, Buffalo NY, for example!
1. So today, I am thankful that someone decided to plant these trees in my neighborhood, so that when autumn comes to San Diego, I get to experience the beautiful colors of fall.
2. And in regard to those falling leaves in autumn…well, I’m thankful that I don’t have to rake them up when they fall to the ground.
3. And finally, probably one of my most favorite things that I am so thankful for when autumn finally arrives is…pumpkins. Why can’t we have pumpkins all year round? Just wondering. 🙂
There are a lot of reasons to be thankful, and traditionally, this is the time of year when our focus is on being thankful. I certainly hope that you will be able to take a moment and look around and find at least one thing that you are oh so very thankful for.
“We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.”
― Harry A. Ironside