So many good reminders here. A reminder to be thankful. A reminder to never give up. And a reminder to be that true and good friend.
Dare to be, and make the most of every opportunity!
Dare to Be
When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully.
When there is darkness, dare to be the first to shine a light.
When there is injustice, dare to be the first to condemn it.
When something seems difficult, dare to do it anyway.
When life seems to beat you down, dare to fight back.
When there seems to be no hope, dare to find some.
When you’re feeling tired, dare to keep going.
When times are tough, dare to be tougher.
When love hurts you, dare to love again.
When someone is hurting, dare to help them heal.
When another is lost, dare to help them find the way.
When a friend falls, dare to be the first to extend a hand.
When you cross paths with another, dare to make them smile.
When you feel great, dare to help someone else feel great too.
When the day has ended, dare to feel as you’ve done your best.
Dare to be the best you can –
At all times, Dare to be!”
I don’t usually do the daily prompt – but I liked the idea of this one so much that I decided to give it a whirl!
When it comes to narrowing it down to just one blogger who has influenced me on my blogging journey, I can’t.
There are a lot of them! Each in their own unique way. They have influenced and encouraged me through words, pictures, comments and follows!
Here are just a few. If you haven’t already met them, allow me to introduce you!
Ann Voskamp @ A Holy Experience – her writing and her book have influenced me to continually search for the good things in life. Everyday, big or little. There is always, always something to be thankful for!
Charlotte @ Life & Ink – her zeal for life, and her commitment to her family are always an inspiration to me! She makes me laugh, and always encourages me along the way!
Vladimir and Johna @ Wind Against Current – I’m continually fascinated by their kayaking adventures, and admittedly a little jealous of their view! 🙂
Nancy @ Living the Seasons – She’s been at this blogging/diary business for a good long time, and that simply inspires me to never give up!
Paul @ Tips from the Top – He doesn’t write often, but he should! Maybe this will encourage him to write a little more often 🙂 He is my constant supporter, and continually cheers me on!
Amazing people who have inspired and influenced me on this journey!
There are many, many more, but I already messed with this prompt by sharing 5 people who influenced me instead of just the one as suggested!
Thank you for joining me on my journey!
My blog and I have been together for a little over a year now. I was thinking about it yesterday, and wondering just what it is that keeps me coming back.
Why am I doing this?
And as I thought about it, I came up with a few reasons why I blog.
1. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and confidence. It’s little, but it’s fun, and I did it! 🙂
2. It really is a “world-wide web“! I’m “meeting” people from all over the world! Places I will probably never get to go to in person.
3. I’m getting to explore the world through the eyes of other people. I am fascinated by some of the amazing photos I’ve seen! There are some great photographers in this world.
4. I’m learning new things, and learning is always good.
5. It can be a challenge sometimes, and it makes me stretch into unknown territory. This is good too!
6. It gives me goals to pursue and attain.
7. It’s fun, and I enjoy it, and I hope it stays that way.
8. It gives me an opportunity to share my little world with the great big world. And honestly, I would never stand up in front of a room and talk, so this is the only way for me.
9. It gives me hope. There are a lot of really nice people in this world, doing really great things.
10. And, maybe, just maybe….I will be able to encourage someone else along the way.