3 Gifts Unexpected
1. I received this “unexpected gift” for Mother’s Day, it’s a San Diego Padres flag, and I love it! I’m so thankful for my daughter and her thoughtfulness when it comes to gift giving. It fits perfectly in my garden, and she knew that it would!
2. My one and only granddaughter…her birthday was not unexpected, nor was it a surprise, but being invited to celebrate her special day with her was very unexpected, and for this, I am so very thankful.
3. What makes a game winning baseball game even better? The gift of an unexpected fireworks show after the win! It was spectacular, and fun, and yes, even something as silly as fireworks can be something to be thankful for!
That’s it for this Thankful Thursday!
I hope that you will take a moment to contemplate all the “unexpected gifts” that are out there for you to be thankful for, and maybe even write down two or three of them!
“When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” ~ G.K. Chesterton
3 Gifts almost gone:
1. I’m thankful for the opportunity and the ability to make these hats for Knitting Rays of Hope! This awesome group of ladies, collects loom hats from a variety of sources (they even find the time to make some themselves!) Knitting Rays of Hope puts them all together, each hat is tagged with a word of encouragement and then donated to NICU babies and cancer patients. I am so inpsired by these ladies, and so thankful that I get to be a part of this amazing project.
I finally boxed my contribution of hats up and sent them on their way, so they are more than almost gone….they’re gone!
2. I’m thankful for these sweet little oranges that grow on our tree. Yes…they are almost gone, they’re just too good to leave hanging on the tree.
3. These delicious muffins are almost gone…I’m thankful that I made them! They were delicious 🙂
That’s it for today! Well, there’s always more to be thankful for, and I am thankful for so much more than just these three things, but this is just a little start to maybe get you thinking about all the things that you are thankful for today!
Take a few moments, look around you, and reflect on the good things in your life.
“Life is not just about the good things or not just about the bad things. It is both. It all depends where you focus your attention.” ~ Ann Marie Aguilar
A Gift in wind, water and white:
1. I’m thankful for the flags blowing in the wind. Especially the one in the middle!
2. There’s nothing quite like stepping in the cool sand and dipping your toes in the water at the ocean. I’m thankful for the moments that I spend here, relaxing and enjoying this beautiful place.
3. An awe-inspiring moment, and I’m so thankful that I just happened to be outside at the time that these white clouds did this cool thing! I think the picture is pretty amazing, but to experience it in person was so much better!
It was like I was surrounded by white cotton balls!
I am so thankful for all of these things, and oh so much more! In this crazy, messed up world, there are still a lot of good things to be thankful for, don’t forget to take a moment, look around, and find at least one thing to be thankful for today!
“Thankfulness creates gratitude which generates contentment that causes peace.” ~ Todd Stocker
3 Gifts Green:
1. I’m thankful that sometimes a simple cool green toy is still all it takes to bring a smile to his face.
2. I’m thankful for this delicious green salad to go with my dinner.
3. I’m thankful that this little guy has all this green grass to run around and play in.
These are just a few things “green” that I am thankful for today. Taking a few minutes each day to find a “good thing” to be thankful for has made a huge difference in my life.
How about you? Did you find something to be thankful for today?
“Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.” ~ Pedro Calderon de la Barca
3 Gifts Found Outside:
Oh where do I begin? I live in sunny Southern California, and most days are just tempting me to go outside! I have to constantly remind myself that there will be more beautiful days, that this is not an anomaly, and I should probably try and get some work done inside once in a while!
Still, I find my way out the door, and I really am very, thankful that I get to live in such a beautiful place. I say it so often without even giving it a second thought, I guess I am little spoiled!
1. I’m so thankful for the blue skies and sunshine that greet me almost every time I step outside!
2. And I’m so thankful for this great game of baseball that’s played outside – Opening Day is coming soon!
3. But most of all, I’m thankful that when I go outside, this is not what I experience ….ever! I like to visit this kind of weather, but I’m really thankful I don’t live in it anymore.
Today and everyday, there is so much to be thankful for. Inside or outside, when I look around me, I see that I am truly blessed.
“I thank you God for this most amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.” ~ E.E. Cummings