3 Gifts Unexpected
1. I received this “unexpected gift” for Mother’s Day, it’s a San Diego Padres flag, and I love it! I’m so thankful for my daughter and her thoughtfulness when it comes to gift giving. It fits perfectly in my garden, and she knew that it would!
2. My one and only granddaughter…her birthday was not unexpected, nor was it a surprise, but being invited to celebrate her special day with her was very unexpected, and for this, I am so very thankful.
3. What makes a game winning baseball game even better? The gift of an unexpected fireworks show after the win! It was spectacular, and fun, and yes, even something as silly as fireworks can be something to be thankful for!
That’s it for this Thankful Thursday!
I hope that you will take a moment to contemplate all the “unexpected gifts” that are out there for you to be thankful for, and maybe even write down two or three of them!
“When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” ~ G.K. Chesterton
3 Gifts almost gone:
1. I’m thankful for the opportunity and the ability to make these hats for Knitting Rays of Hope! This awesome group of ladies, collects loom hats from a variety of sources (they even find the time to make some themselves!) Knitting Rays of Hope puts them all together, each hat is tagged with a word of encouragement and then donated to NICU babies and cancer patients. I am so inpsired by these ladies, and so thankful that I get to be a part of this amazing project.
I finally boxed my contribution of hats up and sent them on their way, so they are more than almost gone….they’re gone!
2. I’m thankful for these sweet little oranges that grow on our tree. Yes…they are almost gone, they’re just too good to leave hanging on the tree.
3. These delicious muffins are almost gone…I’m thankful that I made them! They were delicious 🙂
That’s it for today! Well, there’s always more to be thankful for, and I am thankful for so much more than just these three things, but this is just a little start to maybe get you thinking about all the things that you are thankful for today!
Take a few moments, look around you, and reflect on the good things in your life.
“Life is not just about the good things or not just about the bad things. It is both. It all depends where you focus your attention.” ~ Ann Marie Aguilar