3 Gifts Green:
1. I’m thankful that sometimes a simple cool green toy is still all it takes to bring a smile to his face.
2. I’m thankful for this delicious green salad to go with my dinner.
3. I’m thankful that this little guy has all this green grass to run around and play in.
These are just a few things “green” that I am thankful for today. Taking a few minutes each day to find a “good thing” to be thankful for has made a huge difference in my life.
How about you? Did you find something to be thankful for today?
“Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.” ~ Pedro Calderon de la Barca
3 Gifts Sweet
1. I’m so thankful for this beautiful young lady that God gave to me. My sweet girl. I’m continually impressed by her wisdom and grace. Her love for her family, her love for me.
She is a precious treasure, and I’m so proud to call her mine.
2. This sweet moment between Grandpa and his little Grandson. I’m so thankful that I got to share in this moment, and that I was able to “capture” a little bit of the joy that was being shared between these two.
He truly is the best Grandpa ever.
2. And these. Tasty little sweet and salty treats. I’m thankful that they are so simple and easy to make.
And these are just a few of the things that I am forever thankful for. Join me by taking a few moments today to look around you and consider a few things “sweet” that you are thankful for!
“The unthankful heart discovers no mercies…but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find in every hour, some heavenly blessings.”
~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
When the earth, the sky and the sea converge…it really is a beautiful place!
I thought I would give this one a second try. I usually only do one entry a week for the photo challenge, but I was a little disappointed by my attempt at it yesterday, so I decided to try one more time.
I think I was a little more successful at portraying the true meaning of the word “humanity” this time around.
Once again, thanks to thirdeyemom for the great challenge this week. It certainly put my brain cells to work!
3 gifts that made me laugh 🙂
I don’t laugh out loud a lot … but that doesn’t mean I’m not happy. There are a lot of things that make me happy, as well as a lot of things that I laugh about, to and with.
1. This little guy’s laugh is absolutely contagious, and it’s hard not to join him when he lets that little giggle out. It becomes a type of game with him, the more you laugh…the more he laughs. A never-ending circle of pure joy! I’m so thankful that I am able to “hear” this wonderful sound of laughter. Like good medicine for a weary soul, he fills my heart to overflowing.
2. This moment, this funny little plastic mustache…a moment of fun, and laughter. A moment to cherish and realize that yes, I’m thankful that sometimes it’s just a simple little thing that can make me laugh, and make him happy too!
3. And this one, well you might have needed to be there to appreciate it…but it did make me laugh out loud!
My 5-year-old granddaughter took my phone and was the photographer for the evening. I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw some of the pictures that she took, this being one of my favorites. I’m so thankful for her, and her creativity, I’m just hoping her choice of subject matter to photograph will maybe improve as she gets older 🙂
These are just a few of the many things that I am thankful for on this very Thankful Thursday!
Keep looking for those little things in life – the ones that make you smile, and maybe even make you laugh…out loud! 🙂
“A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.“~Proverbs 17:22
3 gifts tasted…
1. Breakfast …. It’s one of my favorite meals of the day! I’m especially thankful for the moments when we go out to eat breakfast and taste wonderful meals like this. French toast stuffed with strawberries and cream. Decadent and delicious. I’m truly thankful that I tasted this 🙂
2. I’m thankful my daughter introduced me to this delicious granola. Homemade, and oh so delicious. I’ve tasted a lot of others….but I like mine the best! Strawberries from my garden…homemade granola….and vanilla yogurt. A much healthier version of breakfast number 1 🙂
3. I’m pretty sure he’s thankful that he tasted this little bit of chocolate goodness. I know that I was very thankful for this moment, and the opportunity that I had to share it with him.
These are just a few of the things that I am oh so thankful for on this Thankful Thursday!
Some days it can be a little hard to find something to be thankful for…but if I look hard enough, I find that there is always something to be thankful for.
“I’m actually muttering to myself, ‘Thank you. . .thank you. . . thank you.’ It’s an odd way to live. But also kind of great and powerful. I’ve never before been so aware of the thousands of little good things, the thousands of things that go right every day.” ~ A.J. Jacobs