It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Well, actually it has been looking like Christmas since the day after Halloween! Not at my house, but everywhere else I go!
No wonder I feel like I’ve fallen desperately behind in getting ready for the Christmas season! I only have 20 shopping days left before Christmas, and there are 3 birthdays to celebrate between now and then!
The “Christmas Season”.
I don’t want to feel overwhelmed by it, and so I have to step back and reevaluate almost everything I do. Why am I doing it, and who am I doing it for? I really do want to keep loving this time of year.
And…I want to enjoy it for what it is. The celebration and the joy of a very special Gift, which in turn affords me the opportunity to share a gift with those I love.
My goal this year is to keep Christmas, simple and focused. Enjoy the moments, and relax. Create new memories, and remember the ones from the past.
I can do this! I will do this!
- Christmas Spirit; It’s Free (becomingcliche.wordpress.com)
Happy, Heavenly Birthday to my big sister!
I can only imagine how much she is enjoying her day! Her love for life was contagious, and her love for people, knew no bounds, especially, her love for her family. I know, without a doubt, that she would have done anything for me as long as it wasn’t illegal or immoral!
I miss her smile, her laugh and her hugs. It was because of her enthusiasm for the little things in life, that I am reminded of her often.
This is just a short list of memories of an amazing lady, sister and friend!
- Temecula – our meeting place when the kids were small
- Dolphins – we watched them play in the ocean, she was amazed
- Artichokes – she found this strange thing to be fascinating, and insisted we try it
- Christmas – I think it was her favorite time of the year. She loved making it special for others, not just herself
- Angels – every Christmas, she would make an ornament for me, it was always an angel
- Thanksgiving – she taught me how to make gravy
- “Nurse Jones” – together, we pulled my brother out of the dark side of the ICU room when he had a heart attack
- Sail boats – camping by the ocean, her favorite place to relax
- Chicken Apple Sausage – she introduced me to this – still one of my favorites
In memory of your special day. In honor of you.
I love you Linda!