1. I received this “unexpected gift” for Mother’s Day, it’s a San Diego Padres flag, and I love it! I’m so thankful for my daughter and her thoughtfulness when it comes to gift giving. It fits perfectly in my garden, and she knew that it would!
2. My one and only granddaughter…her birthday was not unexpected, nor was it a surprise, but being invited to celebrate her special day with her was very unexpected, and for this, I am so very thankful.
3. What makes a game winning baseball game even better? The gift of an unexpected fireworks show after the win! It was spectacular, and fun, and yes, even something as silly as fireworks can be something to be thankful for!
That’s it for this Thankful Thursday!
I hope that you will take a moment to contemplate all the “unexpected gifts” that are out there for you to be thankful for, and maybe even write down two or three of them!
“When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” ~ G.K. Chesterton
1. I’m thankful for these beautiful flowers that grow in my back yard. When they are all opened up…the smell that is released into the air can be somewhat intoxicating! It’s a pure delight.
2. I’m thankful that my daughter has introduced the wonderful world of books and the library to my grandson. No matter your age, when a book is opened up, a whole new world is waiting for you. This little guy loves to go on adventures, and I know he will have a lifetime full of them, especially if he keeps this up.
3. Today is the home opener for the Padres! I am very thankful for this day and I’m looking forward to the game and to when this bag of peanuts gets opened up at the ballgame!
So many things to be thankful for…these are just a few of my favorites today. How about you? What things have “opened up” for you that you can be thankful for?
“Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.”
~ Eileen Caddy
1. I’m thankful for the opportunity and the ability to make these hats for Knitting Rays of Hope! This awesome group of ladies, collects loom hats from a variety of sources (they even find the time to make some themselves!) Knitting Rays of Hope puts them all together, each hat is tagged with a word of encouragement and then donated to NICU babies and cancer patients. I am so inpsired by these ladies, and so thankful that I get to be a part of this amazing project.
I finally boxed my contribution of hats up and sent them on their way, so they are more than almost gone….they’re gone!
2. I’m thankful for these sweet little oranges that grow on our tree. Yes…they are almost gone, they’re just too good to leave hanging on the tree.
3. These delicious muffins are almost gone…I’m thankful that I made them! They were delicious 🙂
That’s it for today! Well, there’s always more to be thankful for, and I am thankful for so much more than just these three things, but this is just a little start to maybe get you thinking about all the things that you are thankful for today!
Take a few moments, look around you, and reflect on the good things in your life.
“Life is not just about the good things or not just about the bad things. It is both. It all depends where you focus your attention.” ~ Ann Marie Aguilar
1. These two little kids certainly know how to make their Grandma smile and laugh with delight! I am so thankful that they are in my life, and for now…they really enjoy just hanging out with me! I hope it stays like this for a very, long time.
2. I can’t imagine life without my beautiful daughter and this amazing little guy! Just like his mama, he is pure joy! This special moment was brought to you by “frog” and a little belly laugh too!
3. And then there’s this guy! After all these years…he still makes me laugh and smile! He definitely has captured my heart!
I am oh so very thankful for him and I love living life with him!
These are just a few of the things that I am counting my blessings for today. I am so thankful for my family and the joy and laughter that they bring to my life.
I am truly blessed.
“It is impossible for you to be angry and laugh at the same time. Anger and laughter are mutually exclusive and you have the power to choose either.” ~ Wayne Dyer