Tag Archives: learning new things
The “terrific twos”!
People often like to refer to this stage in life as the “terrible twos“.
I will not. I dislike this label, and will never use it when referring to a two-year old child.
Oh sure, they can have their moments, but let’s be honest, we all do from time to time.
A two-year old is curious. They are expressive, and yes, they are challenging. They are learning, and they are sponges…and like a sponge, they are soaking in everything that is sent their way.
But what they are not, is terrible. I think that they are amazing!
Just think about what is going on. They have learned the major skills of walking, running and climbing, and now they are in the process of fine tuning those skills, as well as working on their fine motor skills.
They have gone from being totally dependent, to a limited form of independence. They are able to move around and do things on their own. More importantly, and I think probably one of the most amazing things that they are doing, is learning to communicate with words!
Think about the freedom this brings! Who wouldn’t get a little crazy once in a while?
It really is pretty exciting when you stop and think about it, and I think that’s probably what every healthy two-year old child is doing.
Expressing their excitement in their new-found freedom! It’s time to do the “happy dance”!
Yes, it can be frustrating when we don’t understand them, and when they don’t understand us. But when he looks up in to my eyes, and reaches out his hand to me and says “hold hand“, my heart simply melts.
In moments like this, and in so many others, I’m reminded just how special this little life is, and that it really is…”terrific to be two”!
And the nominations are…
My blogging friend, Margaret Langridge has nominated me for this awesome award.
It has taken me much to long to respond to it though, and she has probably forgotten by now that she even did this for me!
So, do me a favor and check out her blog, it’s amazing! I know you will enjoy it as much as I have, it’s called: Along Life’s Road
The award she has so graciously bestowed upon me is:
“The Versatile Blogger Award”
Don’t know what it is?
I didn’t either, but I checked it out, and now I know. You can check it out to, just click on this link.
The “rules” for this award go like this…
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog (check the link, it gives details on how to do this)
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So my list of 15 goes something like this…(in no particular order…they’re all good!)
2. Oldest Daughter & Redheaded Sister
10. Simply Sage
14. Life and Ink
15. Rhythms of Grace
Each one of these people/blogs have impacted my life in a way I never thought possible. I really hope that you will give them a visit to find out how wonderful they truly are!
And the 7 things about myself…
1. I’m the baby of the family, the youngest of 4
2. I was born in Portland OR
3. I have traveled to all but 4 states in the United States
4. I have never been to Europe, but I would like to go some day
5. I’ve been married for 33 years to the love of my life!
6. I like watching most sports, except boxing…I don’t get that one!
7. I enjoy cooking, especially with my husband
And finally…thank you Margaret…you’re amazing!