3 things in the kitchen…
My kitchen and I are getting “acquainted” again now that I no longer work full-time.
I am enjoying the process of cooking and baking a whole lot more than I ever have in my life! I’m experimenting with new foods and techniques, making dishes I’ve never tried before, and thoroughly enjoying my accomplishments.
I have found that it’s so much more enjoyable to cook, when I am not cooking for two little kids. They weren’t always real fond of what was for dinner, or if they were, it’s because it was macaroni and cheese or spaghetti, and neither one of these are real culinary achievements as far as I’m concerned.
But…my kids are on their own now, and for the most part, I have a fairly adventurous husband. He’s willing to try just about anything I concoct in my kitchen (especially my baking endeavors), and I’m finding great joy in this new journey!
1: I’m thankful for clever tools that make the kitchen tasks just a little bit easier. I can’t wait to try the one on the left! I’ve never had one like it before!
2. I’m thankful when a batch of cookies turns out great…the first time that I make them!
3. It’s not very big or fancy, but I’m pretty happy when I’m in my little blue and white kitchen, and for that, I am very thankful!
There are so many things and people who I am thankful for in my life. I have found it to be so important and helpful to stop and think about these things in life, and make a concerted effort to focus on the good!
I hope you will take a few moments today to do the same.
“Truly, we have much to thank God for, but if we would be thankful, we must set our hearts to do it with a will. We grumble and complain without thought, but we must think to give thanks.” —Samuel Logan Brengl
It’s another “Thankful Thursday”, and it’s a beautiful one at my house. There is always, always something to be thankful for…and I’m always looking!
Today, I’m looking for a gift of peace, of hope, of love…
1. I’m so thankful for the gift of peace that I find when I spend time in this little place I call my “secret garden”.
It keeps me busy, it’s challenging, and probably keeps me from going a little bit crazy too!
2. And I am so thankful for the hope I have in heaven, and the joy of being reunited with these three once again. My two sisters, and my Dad. All three taken from this world much too soon. All three, missed dearly for oh so many reasons.
Some days, just a little bit more than others, but always missed.
3. And the greatest of these is love…I’m very thankful for this guy. He is the love of my life, my husband, and my very best friend. I can’t imagine my life without him, I don’t even like to let my brain go there.
I am so thankful, for his love for me…I am truly blessed.
These are just a few of the things that I am so very thankful for today. My heart is full of “good things”.
How about you? Take a moment, reflect on your day, and look for the good things, and if you feel inclined to share, I would love to hear what they are!
Until then, keep looking for the good things…they are out there. I promise.
“Life is not just about the good things or not just about the bad things. It is both. It all depends where you focus your attention.” ~ Ann Marie Aguilar