It’s another “Thankful Thursday”, and it’s a beautiful one at my house. There is always, always something to be thankful for…and I’m always looking!
Today, I’m looking for a gift of peace, of hope, of love…
1. I’m so thankful for the gift of peace that I find when I spend time in this little place I call my “secret garden”.
It keeps me busy, it’s challenging, and probably keeps me from going a little bit crazy too!
2. And I am so thankful for the hope I have in heaven, and the joy of being reunited with these three once again. My two sisters, and my Dad. All three taken from this world much too soon. All three, missed dearly for oh so many reasons.
Some days, just a little bit more than others, but always missed.
3. And the greatest of these is love…I’m very thankful for this guy. He is the love of my life, my husband, and my very best friend. I can’t imagine my life without him, I don’t even like to let my brain go there.
I am so thankful, for his love for me…I am truly blessed.
These are just a few of the things that I am so very thankful for today. My heart is full of “good things”.
How about you? Take a moment, reflect on your day, and look for the good things, and if you feel inclined to share, I would love to hear what they are!
Until then, keep looking for the good things…they are out there. I promise.
“Life is not just about the good things or not just about the bad things. It is both. It all depends where you focus your attention.” ~ Ann Marie Aguilar
Have you ever experienced something that had minimal long-term effect, but made a huge impact on you, never-the-less?
I experienced one of those events last night.
The fire truck was going down our street with the lights on, and then it stopped. Just two houses down and across the street from me. I know all of my immediate neighbors, so I know that in this house is an elderly lady who has lived there pretty much since the day we moved in, over twenty years a go.
I stepped outside to find out what had happened, and I saw a young man and lady embraced in each others arms. Then I heard the sound. The sound of agony, and pain and torment, all rolled into one.
A sound I’m all too familiar with…the sound of the pain of death.
I stood on my front step for a moment, I knew it was bad, but what was it? Then the ambulance drove up to the house. It stopped. Someone got out, and within seconds the driver was back in the vehicle, and the ambulance left. There was no need for it to be there, there was no life to save, the life was gone.
A life taken all too soon, by her own hands, but it wasn’t the elderly lady, it was a young lady who was renting a room from the elderly lady. She apparently had lost all hope, and in her despair, she took her own life.
It was so painful as I stood there and saw her children trying to wrap their minds around what they had just seen and found out. I don’t know them, but I know the pain and the anguish they were experiencing. I know the gut-wrenching feeling, the unfathomable anguish. I know that this is not only going to effect their lives, but it is also going to have a huge impact on them….for the rest of their lives.
There was absolutely nothing I could do to help them. I couldn’t bring her back to them, which I know is all that they really wanted. I couldn’t take that awful heartache and pain away.
I could only pray for them, and so I did. I prayed that God would wrap His strong arms around them, and bring them a peace and a comfort that only He can give.
A peace and a comfort that I am also very familiar with.
And so it is, on this “Thankful Thursday“… I am once again thankful for so many things…but I am especially thankful for the love and support of my family and for the strong arms of my God.
“Riches take wings, comforts vanish, hope withers away,but love stays with us. Love is God.” – Lew Wallace
I’ve been given an award! Woo Hoo!
All my thanks, love and appreciation to Monique at Better Than Reality. Love that lady, except for when she gives me a rough time about my football team, Ha! :)…and I thoroughly enjoy reading her blog. Check it out! I think you’ll enjoy it too.
As a recipient of this award, my obligation to my Wordpress Family is quite simple:
- Display the award image on your blog.
- Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Notify each of your nominees of their nomination.
- Share the inspiration and keep on blogging!
If you get a chance, check out some of these other blogs. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I have!
Here are my 10 nominees, in no particular order:
1. Stuff I Tell My Sister – fun and delightful! This blog reminds me of my sisters, and makes me wish they were still here so I could tell them “stuff”:)
2. Heavenly Raindrops – beautiful and inspiring…offering words for thought, and hope
3. Rainbow Bakery – Lots of great photos – I especially like her “six word Saturday” feature
4. Morning Story and Dilbert – a great way to start the day – with a smile, and sometimes a tear, but always a good story
5. Wind Against Current – just plain beautiful photography!
6. Behind the Willows – Now this one…I think you will find yourself falling in love with this three little girls as much as I have. Their mom is amazing.
7. Have Teacup Will Travel – Lots of fun adventures, beautiful photos, and lots of tea. One can never have too much tea!
8. Not Quite Old – One of my newest “finds – and I’ve found that I can just simply relate.
9. Mama’s Empty Nest – A very gifted writer, while I don’t “mourn” the fact that I have an empty nest…I’m anxious to see if she will be able to arrive at this same conclusion. An empty nest can be a good thing 🙂
10. Fly Softly My Love – Her heartfelt, raw emotions, well written, probably every woman’s feelings at one point in their life…beautiful! She makes me want to cheer her on, and give her a hug, all at one time!
I hope you take a moment to visit each of these blogs, and visit them often! 🙂
Thanks again to Monique for the honors!