Tag Archives: People
Thankful Thursday: 3 gifts summer
For most of the world, Summer is winding down and transitioning to Fall. For those of us fortunate enough to live in Southern California, Summer will still be around for a few more weeks!
So my 3 gifts of summer are….
1. The ocean and the beach, bring sweet relief in the heat of summer.
2. The flowers of summer, bloom bright and beautiful!
3. The fun and the folly of kids playing in the sun.
“All in all, it was a never-to-be-forgotten summer — one of those summers which come seldom into any life, but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going — one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doing, come as near to perfection as anything can come in this world.”
~ L.M. Montgomery
I must agree with her, it has been a summer to remember, full of so many wonderful moments to be thankful for! These are just a few of a multitude of a heart full of good things!
What are you thankful for?
Will you join me in looking for these gifts and sharing them with others?
““In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.”
The ordinary things
One week down…4 more to go
Well, it’s been just a little over a week since I fractured my wrist, and life is just a little more interesting now!
I’m making a few adjustments and learning some new things too!
1. It is possible to wash my hair with just one hand
2. It is almost impossible to style my hair with just one hand
3. I can type with one hand and 4 fingers from the other hand for a short period of time with minimal pain.
4. It’s pretty much impossible to shave under my right arm with my right hand 😦 (this could get interesting!)
5. I miss scrubbing my hands together when I wash my hands. Who knew what a luxury that actually is!?
6. The bend at my elbow on my left arm can actually hold on to things, like a pseudo hand!
7. I really don’t need both hands to put my contacts in – I can do it all with one hand! Oh,yes I can! 🙂
8. Since I’m right-handed, I’m really thankful it wasn’t my right hand that got hurt. This list might sound completely different if that were the case!
9. And since I’m talking about being thankful – well, there’s a lot to be thankful for. It could have been so much worse. Like my hip, or my head, or my leg. So yeah, I’m very thankful it was just my wrist.
10. But most of all I’m learning, life goes on….and everything is gonna be ok.
Weekly Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood
The challenge was to take a picture with my phone camera of my neighborhood.
This is one of my favorite neighborhoods to hang out in!
Taken from Coronado Landing looking out at the city where I live…San Diego!
This was taken with my iPhone4. It’s all I ever use to take pictures with. Some day, maybe I’ll get a real camera but for now, this works o.k. for me! 🙂
- Weekly Photo (Phoneography) Challenge: My Neighborhood (annablakeblog.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge My Neighborhoood (2013weeklyphotochallenge.wordpress.com)
- Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood (seraphim6.me)
- Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood (joeowensblog.wordpress.com)
- Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood (mylifeafterglow.wordpress.com)
Thankful Thursday: Love
After all, it is Valentine’s Day! 🙂
I am thankful for the true meaning of love…God.
I am thankful for the ability to love and to be loved.
I am thankful that there are people in this world who are willing to love.
I am thankful for the healing power of love.
I am thankful for the happiness that true love can give.
I am thankful that I have someone who loves me so very much.
I’m thankful that I found that special someone, and every day, I am even more thankful for his love.
For our love!
Happy Valentines Day to the love of my life, my husband…my very best friend.
- Lessons in Love (Blessings thru raindrops)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Love (Blessings thru raindrops)
- Happy Valentines Day! (kirstyheartblog.wordpress.com)
Me and my blog
My blog and I have been together for a little over a year now. I was thinking about it yesterday, and wondering just what it is that keeps me coming back.
Why am I doing this?
And as I thought about it, I came up with a few reasons why I blog.
1. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and confidence. It’s little, but it’s fun, and I did it! 🙂
2. It really is a “world-wide web“! I’m “meeting” people from all over the world! Places I will probably never get to go to in person.
3. I’m getting to explore the world through the eyes of other people. I am fascinated by some of the amazing photos I’ve seen! There are some great photographers in this world.
4. I’m learning new things, and learning is always good.
5. It can be a challenge sometimes, and it makes me stretch into unknown territory. This is good too!
6. It gives me goals to pursue and attain.
7. It’s fun, and I enjoy it, and I hope it stays that way.
8. It gives me an opportunity to share my little world with the great big world. And honestly, I would never stand up in front of a room and talk, so this is the only way for me.
9. It gives me hope. There are a lot of really nice people in this world, doing really great things.
10. And, maybe, just maybe….I will be able to encourage someone else along the way.