Tag Archives: Photograph
Weekly Photo Challenge: Orange
Orange…is not a color I am typically drawn to.
However, it is beautiful, and bright and the world would be quite boring without it!
Weekly Photo Challenge: Minimalist
This was the challenge for the week: An artfully executed minimalist photograph is anything but mundane. It illustrates a moment in time, or an artistic perspective, with simplicity and grace. Minimalist photography is characterized by a large portion of negative space, a fairly monochromatic color palette with good contrast, and an interesting subject that is able to stand on its own to capture the interest of the viewer. At first thought, it may seem like it would be easy to shoot an engaging minimalist photograph, when indeed it can often be the opposite. A minimalist photo can also effectively tell a story, in spite of its relative simplicity, and it is anything but “plain”.
These little beauties are blooming in November!
Wordless Wednesday: The Mission
Weekly Photo Challenge: Dialogue
Thankful Thursday: 3 gifts that made me laugh
3 gifts that made me laugh 🙂
I don’t laugh out loud a lot … but that doesn’t mean I’m not happy. There are a lot of things that make me happy, as well as a lot of things that I laugh about, to and with.
1. This little guy’s laugh is absolutely contagious, and it’s hard not to join him when he lets that little giggle out. It becomes a type of game with him, the more you laugh…the more he laughs. A never-ending circle of pure joy! I’m so thankful that I am able to “hear” this wonderful sound of laughter. Like good medicine for a weary soul, he fills my heart to overflowing.
2. This moment, this funny little plastic mustache…a moment of fun, and laughter. A moment to cherish and realize that yes, I’m thankful that sometimes it’s just a simple little thing that can make me laugh, and make him happy too!
3. And this one, well you might have needed to be there to appreciate it…but it did make me laugh out loud!
My 5-year-old granddaughter took my phone and was the photographer for the evening. I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw some of the pictures that she took, this being one of my favorites. I’m so thankful for her, and her creativity, I’m just hoping her choice of subject matter to photograph will maybe improve as she gets older 🙂
These are just a few of the many things that I am thankful for on this very Thankful Thursday!
Keep looking for those little things in life – the ones that make you smile, and maybe even make you laugh…out loud! 🙂
“A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.“~Proverbs 17:22
Roll out the red carpet
I’ve been given an award! Woo Hoo!
All my thanks, love and appreciation to Monique at Better Than Reality. Love that lady, except for when she gives me a rough time about my football team, Ha! :)…and I thoroughly enjoy reading her blog. Check it out! I think you’ll enjoy it too.
As a recipient of this award, my obligation to my Wordpress Family is quite simple:
- Display the award image on your blog.
- Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Notify each of your nominees of their nomination.
- Share the inspiration and keep on blogging!
If you get a chance, check out some of these other blogs. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I have!
Here are my 10 nominees, in no particular order:
1. Stuff I Tell My Sister – fun and delightful! This blog reminds me of my sisters, and makes me wish they were still here so I could tell them “stuff”:)
2. Heavenly Raindrops – beautiful and inspiring…offering words for thought, and hope
3. Rainbow Bakery – Lots of great photos – I especially like her “six word Saturday” feature
4. Morning Story and Dilbert – a great way to start the day – with a smile, and sometimes a tear, but always a good story
5. Wind Against Current – just plain beautiful photography!
6. Behind the Willows – Now this one…I think you will find yourself falling in love with this three little girls as much as I have. Their mom is amazing.
7. Have Teacup Will Travel – Lots of fun adventures, beautiful photos, and lots of tea. One can never have too much tea!
8. Not Quite Old – One of my newest “finds – and I’ve found that I can just simply relate.
9. Mama’s Empty Nest – A very gifted writer, while I don’t “mourn” the fact that I have an empty nest…I’m anxious to see if she will be able to arrive at this same conclusion. An empty nest can be a good thing 🙂
10. Fly Softly My Love – Her heartfelt, raw emotions, well written, probably every woman’s feelings at one point in their life…beautiful! She makes me want to cheer her on, and give her a hug, all at one time!
I hope you take a moment to visit each of these blogs, and visit them often! 🙂
Thanks again to Monique for the honors!
Wordless Wednesday: Pure Joy
Weekly Photo Challenge: Let there be light!
A very encouraging sight…
When you can actually see the “light” at the end of the tunnel!
Take a look at what others have to offer in this awesome photo challenge by clicking on this link!