3 Gifts Opened Up
1. I’m thankful for these beautiful flowers that grow in my back yard. When they are all opened up…the smell that is released into the air can be somewhat intoxicating! It’s a pure delight.
2. I’m thankful that my daughter has introduced the wonderful world of books and the library to my grandson. No matter your age, when a book is opened up, a whole new world is waiting for you. This little guy loves to go on adventures, and I know he will have a lifetime full of them, especially if he keeps this up.
3. Today is the home opener for the Padres! I am very thankful for this day and I’m looking forward to the game and to when this bag of peanuts gets opened up at the ballgame!
So many things to be thankful for…these are just a few of my favorites today. How about you? What things have “opened up” for you that you can be thankful for?
“Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.”
~ Eileen Caddy
3 Gifts Found Outside:
Oh where do I begin? I live in sunny Southern California, and most days are just tempting me to go outside! I have to constantly remind myself that there will be more beautiful days, that this is not an anomaly, and I should probably try and get some work done inside once in a while!
Still, I find my way out the door, and I really am very, thankful that I get to live in such a beautiful place. I say it so often without even giving it a second thought, I guess I am little spoiled!
1. I’m so thankful for the blue skies and sunshine that greet me almost every time I step outside!
2. And I’m so thankful for this great game of baseball that’s played outside – Opening Day is coming soon!
3. But most of all, I’m thankful that when I go outside, this is not what I experience ….ever! I like to visit this kind of weather, but I’m really thankful I don’t live in it anymore.
Today and everyday, there is so much to be thankful for. Inside or outside, when I look around me, I see that I am truly blessed.
“I thank you God for this most amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.” ~ E.E. Cummings
A gift in sky, water, and memory:
1. I’m so thankful for the gift of the clouds in the sky! I love a clear blue sky, but those clouds…they always seem to capture my attention. I love the different shapes and textures, colors and designs, it truly is art in motion.
2. Another mesmerizing view…the big blue ocean. There are many moments when I find myself staring out onto this beautiful body of water, and I think to myself…I live here!
Yes! I am very thankful for this.
3. A moment I will never forget, turned into a memory I will always treasure. The beauty and the bliss of sitting at The Beach Bar in Guam, just watching the waves go by. I am very thankful for the opportunity to visit this amazing place, and certainly wouldn’t mind going back to this view.
These are just a few of the things that I am so very thankful for today. There is always, always something to be thankful for…just take a moment and look around you, you’ll find it!
“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
― William Arthur Ward
When the earth, the sky and the sea converge…it really is a beautiful place!
3 Gifts Autumn
Well…I do live in San Diego, and some people would say that we don’t have a change in seasons, but we do. It’s just not as drastic of a change as it is in, oh let’s say, Buffalo NY, for example!
1. So today, I am thankful that someone decided to plant these trees in my neighborhood, so that when autumn comes to San Diego, I get to experience the beautiful colors of fall.
2. And in regard to those falling leaves in autumn…well, I’m thankful that I don’t have to rake them up when they fall to the ground.
3. And finally, probably one of my most favorite things that I am so thankful for when autumn finally arrives is…pumpkins. Why can’t we have pumpkins all year round? Just wondering. 🙂
There are a lot of reasons to be thankful, and traditionally, this is the time of year when our focus is on being thankful. I certainly hope that you will be able to take a moment and look around and find at least one thing that you are oh so very thankful for.
“We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.”
― Harry A. Ironside