3 Gifts Sweet
1. I’m so thankful for this beautiful young lady that God gave to me. My sweet girl. I’m continually impressed by her wisdom and grace. Her love for her family, her love for me.
She is a precious treasure, and I’m so proud to call her mine.
2. This sweet moment between Grandpa and his little Grandson. I’m so thankful that I got to share in this moment, and that I was able to “capture” a little bit of the joy that was being shared between these two.
He truly is the best Grandpa ever.
2. And these. Tasty little sweet and salty treats. I’m thankful that they are so simple and easy to make.
And these are just a few of the things that I am forever thankful for. Join me by taking a few moments today to look around you and consider a few things “sweet” that you are thankful for!
“The unthankful heart discovers no mercies…but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find in every hour, some heavenly blessings.”
~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
I’ve been given an award! Woo Hoo!
All my thanks, love and appreciation to Monique at Better Than Reality. Love that lady, except for when she gives me a rough time about my football team, Ha! :)…and I thoroughly enjoy reading her blog. Check it out! I think you’ll enjoy it too.
As a recipient of this award, my obligation to my Wordpress Family is quite simple:
- Display the award image on your blog.
- Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Notify each of your nominees of their nomination.
- Share the inspiration and keep on blogging!
If you get a chance, check out some of these other blogs. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I have!
Here are my 10 nominees, in no particular order:
1. Stuff I Tell My Sister – fun and delightful! This blog reminds me of my sisters, and makes me wish they were still here so I could tell them “stuff”:)
2. Heavenly Raindrops – beautiful and inspiring…offering words for thought, and hope
3. Rainbow Bakery – Lots of great photos – I especially like her “six word Saturday” feature
4. Morning Story and Dilbert – a great way to start the day – with a smile, and sometimes a tear, but always a good story
5. Wind Against Current – just plain beautiful photography!
6. Behind the Willows – Now this one…I think you will find yourself falling in love with this three little girls as much as I have. Their mom is amazing.
7. Have Teacup Will Travel – Lots of fun adventures, beautiful photos, and lots of tea. One can never have too much tea!
8. Not Quite Old – One of my newest “finds – and I’ve found that I can just simply relate.
9. Mama’s Empty Nest – A very gifted writer, while I don’t “mourn” the fact that I have an empty nest…I’m anxious to see if she will be able to arrive at this same conclusion. An empty nest can be a good thing 🙂
10. Fly Softly My Love – Her heartfelt, raw emotions, well written, probably every woman’s feelings at one point in their life…beautiful! She makes me want to cheer her on, and give her a hug, all at one time!
I hope you take a moment to visit each of these blogs, and visit them often! 🙂
Thanks again to Monique for the honors!
Today is his special day…he’s celebrating his 8th birthday!
I am so thankful for him and the joy he has brought to our lives. Can’t imagine a world without him in it!
In honor of his birthday, a list of eight reasons why I am so thankful for this amazing little guy!
1. I am so thankful for his great big smile! Always ready for the camera!
3. I’m thankful for the changes in his life, like the milestone of loosing his first tooth!
4. I love his thrill of adventure, and how proud he is of himself when he accomplishes something he didn’t think he could do!
5. I’m thankful for the opportunities I have to share special moments with him, and that he likes to be with me! (at least for now)
6. I’m thankful for his ability to learn new things and sometimes he’s even willing to teach me how to play those crazy games!
7. I love the creative side of him, and I’m thankful for the fun times we can have together just being silly!
8. But most of all…I’m just thankful for him! Every little detail that makes him who he is. He is so very special to me. He’s captured my heart, and I love him so very much!
Happy Birthday little man…hope it’s a very special day for you!
I love you!
Boys Are Found Everywhere
on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from,
running around or jumping to…A boy is Truth with dirt on its face,
Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair,
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.
~Alan Marshall Beck
My 5-year-old granddaughter, is full of life, and likes to “do and say” funny things to make me smile.
Yesterday, she presented me with another one of her amazing jokes.
Are you ready for this?
Her: Why did the duck cross the playground?
Me: To play with the other ducks?
Her: No….to get to the other slide! Get it?! 🙂
And then she starts laughing at herself, and I can’t help but laugh with her, because, well, she just makes me smile
And you must admit, this really was a pretty good one, now wasn’t it?
She then attempts to tell me another one, but by then she was being very silly, and it just wasn’t as successful, even to her!
In fact, it was so bad she couldn’t even bring herself to laugh at her own joke!
But that didn’t slow her down, she just moved on to some other form of silliness.
Ahhh,… the joy of the life and times of a 5-year-old. Savor the moments, each and every one of them.
“A laugh is a smile that bursts.” ~ Mary H. Waltdrip