Well…I do live in San Diego, and some people would say that we don’t have a change in seasons, but we do. It’s just not as drastic of a change as it is in, oh let’s say, Buffalo NY, for example!
1. So today, I am thankful that someone decided to plant these trees in my neighborhood, so that when autumn comes to San Diego, I get to experience the beautiful colors of fall.
2. And in regard to those falling leaves in autumn…well, I’m thankful that I don’t have to rake them up when they fall to the ground.
3. And finally, probably one of my most favorite things that I am so thankful for when autumn finally arrives is…pumpkins. Why can’t we have pumpkins all year round? Just wondering. 🙂
There are a lot of reasons to be thankful, and traditionally, this is the time of year when our focus is on being thankful. I certainly hope that you will be able to take a moment and look around and find at least one thing that you are oh so very thankful for.
“We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.”
― Harry A. Ironside
I’m so thankful for the outside places like this that offer our grandchildren hours of fun, and give me wonderful, random moments like this!
2. A gift inside:
Recently we had all 3 grandchildren inside our car when we took them on a little adventure! The picture is a little fuzzy, but the moment together was priceless!
3. A gift on a plate:
My husband isn’t much of a cake fan, and I know it’s not on a plate, but it ended up on a plate. So for his birthday, I made his favorite, homemade apple pie. My gift to him! And yes…he was VERY thankful!
Starting out the New Year with a heart full of thanks!
I hope you’ll join me on this journey, because, there is always something to be thankful for.
“Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” ~ 1 Chronicles 16:34
1. I’m thankful for electricity and the gift of light it brings us on a dark night.
2. I’m thankful for the way the sun lights up the day and shines on the big white clouds, and down through the trees to me!
3. When the day is over, and the sun fades away, the last bit of light that shines is a reminder to me that yes…I am once again thankful for another good day, and for the Creator who made this great light for me!
These are just a few of the many things that I am so very thankful for today.
What are you thankful for?
Will you join me in looking for these gifts and sharing them with others?
“If you haven’t all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don’t have that you wouldn’t want.” ~Unknown