3 gifts found in community…This is an interesting one.
What exactly does it mean? Well, to find out, I did a little google search on the word, com·mu·ni·ty /kəˈmyo͞onitē/
- A group of people living together in one place, esp. one practicing common ownership: “a community of nuns”.
- All the people living in a particular area or place: “local communities”.
Hmmm…well, that didn’t really help much! I guess community just means a bunch of people who hang out together!
The value of community is probably what I am most thankful for. The people who are there to support me, encourage me, and love me, just for who I am.
Nothing more, nothing less. Just me.
Without a sense of community, life becomes a very lonely place. It is important and yes, even necessary to belong to a group of people. People you can relate to, and feel comfortable with. People who make your heart happy, and your soul soar.
1. Our grandkids certainly fill up our community…a group of little people we love with all our hearts!
2. Sometimes, community can be found in a singular place. The arms of someone who loves you very much.
3. And sometimes you witness the effects of community and the pride and joy it can bring when people join together for one common goal. A team victory!
Just a few of the many things that I am so very thankful for today.
What are you thankful for?
Will you join me in looking for these gifts and sharing them with others?
“We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Fredrick Koeing –
I hope you have a wonderful “Thankful Thursday!